Making A Difference
The money raised through Viking Challenge is split between Redmile CofE School and one other nominated charity.
Redmile School sits unassuming in the small village of Redmile, located in the Vale of Belvoir, and in the shadow of Belvoir Castle (the seat of the Duke of Rutland). With only 60 pupils, organising and hosting such a successful event like the Viking Challenge is no small feat and something that the staff, children and parents are immensely proud of. The Viking Challenge makes a big impact and has raised thousands of pounds for the school and other charities.
Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust
Our 2017 charity partner is Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust the largest locally based environmental and conservation charity in the county. It is also the leading organisation in the county for outdoor learning and early nature experiences, providing opportunities for thousands of local children to connect with the natural world each year. For almost 50 years, the Trust has been working to protect the county’s wildlife and wild places.
By caring for nature reserves, campaigning to save sites from development and inspiring young people about the wonders of the natural world, Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust can safeguard the wildlife on your doorstep. Its network of over 70 nature reserves in Nottinghamshire means that everyone in the county has the opportunity to experience wildlife at close quarters, ranging from beautiful wildflower meadows to magnificent ancient woodlands.
Your money will really help:
- £15 pays for a metre of hedge laying
- £25 pays for a pond dipping net used by local children and families
- £50 buys enough seed to create a large community wildflower meadow
- £100 brings 20 children closer to nature, through our inspiring education programme
Together we can protect wildlife for the future!
Previous years' nominated charities have included:
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Imperial Cancer Research Fund
- National Meningitis Trust
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Leukaemia Research Fund
- The Stroke Association
- Macmillan Cancer Relief
- Help the Hospices
- When You Wish Upon A Star
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- The Kinder Trust
- The Parents’ Association for Seriously Ill Children
- The AIr Ambulance